While this do is certainly worthy of a page by that name, I'm talking about someone, rather something, else's hair.
Do you have any guesses??
There's no way you'll guess this one.
I'm talking about a snowman.
YES, a SNOWMAN.
Have you ever seen a snowman sporting a cool do??
Well neither had I until this winter.
This photo was actually taken the day Daphne was born. The day before, the girls made a snowman with their father while I was out to dinner with a few friends. Well, they couldn't wait for me to see their creation the next day. Let me tell you, I cracked up when I saw this guy. Not only did he have a full head of "hair", he was enormous. I'm talking 6 feet tall before you factor in the hair. I quickly took a few photos that afternoon, fully intending to take some more photos later with the girls standing beside him, but that wasn't to be. I ended up giving birth to a beautiful baby girl with a cool do of her own that night.
So here's my page. It's part of my April assignment for Scrap Within Reach. I used a combination of two paper lines: Paper Boy and Industrial Park. I really love yellow and navy paired together.
Supplies: All Supplies by Scrap Within Reach except bling (Kaiser Craft), Stamp (Unity Stamp Company), Chipboard (Maya Roads, Everlasting Keepsakes), Adhesive (Helmar)
I used my trusty Helmar Craft Glue to adhere this trim. The glue I was using prior to Helmar did a fabulous job of sticking trim and ribbon in place but soaked through the ribbon and made unsightly "water" marks that never went away. Not Helmar. YAY!
And a close up of the story behind the page.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Stay tuned for more Scrap Within Reach pages in the near future. I have a page started using Urban Garden that I simply adore.
Cheers!






11 comments:
love the page, and the story too! they must have got such a kick out of a snowman it hair! Love it!!! they are going to start a new trend
OMGOSH!!! I Simply ADORE that paper! GREAT combo! LOVE your LO and the pic is too funny :) You rocked your first assignment!!
Great layout!!
what a fun lo. and do you think that was an omen for daphne's hair??? lol!!! some wild do's going on. love the lo and she is just too adorable.
tastic page I love that journalling swirly thing. Fabulous and the ribbon rhinestone thing to!! And that cute little baby face is a heart breaker!!
ROFL!!! LOVE that snowman!!!!
Of course, that baby is absolutely gorgeous, too. My firstborn had that much hair and I wasn't crazy about it - but now I see babies with lots of hair and I LOVE it!! It makes them look so stinkin' cute!! Little dolls!
aww Tracey!!! that is sooo sweet!!
Ohhh...Daphne is sooooo CUTE!!!!!!!! And wow...look at all the hair indeed! Your layout is gorgeous and funny with the snowman's hair, too..hehehe...love it!
Love your layout!!!
OMW, she is just gorgeous.... I always thought my kids had hair... but I was SO wrong!! :)
And that page... what a special memory! :) Gorgeous work!!
BAHAHAHA!! I just love Mr. snowman there!! He's pretty cute. Awesome work with these papers...colours are gorgeous together.
I just love that photo of Daphne ..what a beautiful head of hair she has!
Post a Comment