Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Scrap/Guest Room is Done!!

I am so excited to finally have my basement room finished. Brett and I have been working on this for about a year now. He tiled the floor and put the baseboard down last winter. I have been looking for a cabinet to put my supplies in since then.



I finally found this one by accident at my aunt's Sears furniture store. I never could have designed one as functional as this. It is a television armoire with tons of storage. The fact that the doors are hinged down the middle makes it work perfectly in this small space. Brett had to assemble this for me. It came in two boxes weighing in at 300 pounds of boards and parts. He is so patient!



Brett also hung the peg board a few months ago and made this table that I work on. It is a simple table that has fold up legs so if I want to move it out when people come over, I can. The sewing machine is one my mother bought when I was in junior high school. I found the stool at a flea market somewhere several years ago and refinished it. The plush chair is my Winners find of the week. All that is left now are the little decorative touches that make it feel more homey.


8 comments:

Carla said...

Wow that is awesome.....I love that cabinet. How nice is it to finally have everything the way that you want it? Im crammed in my bedroom as well. But not near as much room as you have. I constantly have to move things to get to things. Drives me crazy. But I cant complain at least I have a space, some people dont even have that! Great job on the room...love it!

Cathy said...

Super job! Arn't you all neat and clean. Looks like I could do alittle bit of shopping in your craft room to! ; )

Heather said...

Looks beautiful Tracey! Have fun with your new space!

TanishaRenee said...

Looks great, I need something like that!

Jenni said...

Tracey wow what a find with that cabinet!!! Love the way you organized it! You did a great job with your scrap table area. I already feel the space has a homey feel. Can't wait to see what all you add to it!

joybear said...

Very nice!! Very sweet that your DH was so involved!!

Anne Magee said...

This looks fantastic!!

Tina McDonald said...

LOVE that cabnet!!! Looks awesome!! Is there room for 2 to scrap in there? LOL!