Christy Tomlinson, Carol Wingert, Tena Sprenger, Debbie Hill and Kah-Mei Smith were the instructors and each and every one of them are hugely talented and personable women. The manufacturers and teachers were all very generous with give-aways.
Carol Wingert:


I took two classes from Carol Wingert: an inking class and an accordian chipboard book. I learned many new inking techniques as well as the best glue to use on mini books. Would you beleive it's the UHU glue stick in combination with a brayer? The glitter on this project is also made from glass. It is a wonderful product.
Christy Tomlinson:
I took two classes from Christy: a Faux Paper bag book and Oodles of Doodles. The faux paper bag book was an easy and practical project, one I would definitely make again. The highlight of the doodling class was the doodling genie and would you believe one was inlcluded in the class kit? I don't even think these are in stores yet but since Christy was part of the team who designed these I guess she had some pull. The Scrap Shack also had all of the different styles in stock so I got a couple of extras because I loved them so much. I really like Christy's style and picked up a few tips on using things like decorative scissors, pins and paper clips as inexpensive ways to embellish a project.Debbie Hill:
Debbie is the Design Team Leader for Junkitz and she ran what I call a Ruler Book marathon class. We used alcohol inks, transparencies, jump rings, ribbon, tons of stamps and inks and created an incredible project that I just love. She really motivated me to make each and every page of my mini books a masterpiece with all the little extras.Tena Sprenger:
The first class of the weekend was with Tena and we made a mini book using a Bazzill kit. The combination of Bohemia paper, the hand stitched binding and the "danglies" hanging from the spine of this book made it a definite crowd pleaser. I really liked using the Fiskars eyelet border punch. It really gave the pages that little extra something that made them great.If all this wasn't good enough, there was a layout contest judged by the teachers and I got the third prize for my "Thankful" layout.


1 comment:
I can't believe you got so much done in such a small amount of time. All of your projects look great and it was fun reading about you bumping elbows with so many other talented women! Congrats on 3rd place, too :)
Post a Comment